The accreditation process allows laboratories to demonstrate proof of their technical competence and ability to meet a performance benchmark.
Accreditation by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) requires on-site assessment of the laboratory by auditors knowledgeable in the field. Accreditation also requires continued participation in proficiency testing programs like CANMET’s PTP-MAL. Actlabs scope of accreditation for mineral testing is the most comprehensive in the industry.
Actlabs’ Quality System is accredited to international quality standards through the following organizations:
- Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
- Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA)
- Health Canada
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food (OMAFRA)
Actlabs is accredited and/or certified to the following standard:
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- ISO 9001:2015
- Health Canada Licensed
- FDA Registered and Inspected
- GMP/GLP Compliant